Monday, June 6, 2011

jesus, my father, the CIA and Me by Ian Cron

Jesus, My Father, The CIA, and ME: a memoir of sorts by Ian Cron.
“Is that all you have to say? Couldn’t you admit you were a drunk who wrecked my childhood? Couldn’t you beg my forgiveness” Jesus, My Father, The CIA and ME by Ian Cron chronicles with lovely mysterious Catholic imagery the common wish of many children of alcoholics. It is the story of a path to find home, a path to find love, and a path to find the true nature of God. “Home is a place you grew up wanting to leave, and grow old wanting to go back to. That’s what John Edward Pierce said. But what if your childhood was a trainwreck? What if your memories are more akin to The Shining than The Waltons? It doesn’t matter. Home is not just a place. It is a knowing soul.” Ian Chron inspires faith in the Knowing Soul through his piercing , probing honesty. He causes you to re-examine your own convictions of what God is and how the grace of God fits into a trainwreck of a childhood.His humor is life affirming. Some memoirs entertain. Jesus, My Father, the CIA and Me answers the call of the soul and fills a void.

I also reviewed this book on borders.com

I am happy to give away my copy of this book. To request this book, please leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment