Thursday, June 23, 2011

johaan sebastian bach

Sebastian Bach was born into the Lutheran faith, died a committed Lutheran communicant, and, by all evidence, never experienced any spiritual doubts or crisis of faith. Christian Encounters: Johann Sebastian Bach, is obviously for a Christian audience because they make the man into a saint. I did not realize this book was intended for a Christian audience when I chose to review it. I misread the title and saw only Johan Sebastian Bach. I love Bach’s music, but in no way did I love this biography. I am wondering now if it is part of a sickly fabricated series that puts such a shamefully religious twist on narration and prose that makes people not want to read it. There was simply too much in your face Christianity. The way this book was written disgusted me. It is a pity too because I was looking forward to reading a biography on Bach. What I got was a biography on the Lutheran faith.

i recieved this book for free from the publisher. I am happy to give it away.
contact me at inkblotsbycordelia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment